No Hot Start

5 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted August 05, 2008 - 06:25 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I rode my friends YFZ quad yesterday. How is it that they get away with no hot start and work good.
The Estart works way better than my WR also.

And why do we need a push pull throttle cable when the quads have a single cable on the gay thumb throttle ?[/COLOR]

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 06, 2008 - 07:48 AM

It's not fuel injected is it?

I thought that some of the quads had FI:excuseme:

• MaxPower

Posted August 06, 2008 - 01:29 PM

[COLOR="Green"]no, it has a carb just like our bikes.
Just tap the starter and it fires way quicker than my WR.

.[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ450t

Posted August 06, 2008 - 01:33 PM

My 450f has a hot start naturally..yet I never use it...Really dont have a problem with it not starting . But yea.I have wondered the same thing..although my 700 Raptor is EFI..no need for h/s lever ..damn..wish that motor was in my 450 frame..

• Bosco83

Posted August 06, 2008 - 10:43 PM

My hot start valve froze up the first year I got my 06 WR450 but I never need it anways I just blip the throttle a little bit when it's warm and it starts right up. If your bike has a hard time starting you might need to adjust your valves.

• MaxPower

Posted August 07, 2008 - 12:52 AM

[COLOR="Green"]since I put the YZ cam and pipe on my WR, I usually need the hot start

I was just surprized how easy the quad lit up everytime [/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.