Best looking mirrors for the wr????

10 replies to this topic
  • Wilma397

Posted August 05, 2008 - 11:09 AM

Ok guys i use my 450 as a steet moto and don't realy want to put mirrors on it put i was pulled the other day and told i have to have them (im in the uk) so i was wandering if you guys could help me out by posting some pictures of different kinds of mirrors you have on your wr's as i can't decide what kind would suit the bike best??
Thanks in advance guys ;) :ride:

• byggd

Posted August 05, 2008 - 03:34 PM

I really like the one I got from Baja Designs. It mounts by removing the rear clamp of the clutch lever and replacing it with one that has a threaded hole for the mirror so no extra clamps around the handlebars. It folds quickly out of the way when going off road and I can actually see behind me when on the road!
Posted Image

• skisnh

Posted August 05, 2008 - 04:10 PM

You can order the same mirror from TT and its a couple bucks less!

• tweav

Posted August 05, 2008 - 10:44 PM

hands down these are the best looking sm bike mirrors . but they are a bit pricey .

http://supermotojunk...ead.php?t=59892

and you can mount they over the bars too ,if you'd like

• jpryce

Posted August 06, 2008 - 10:24 AM

Search for "Bar end mirror" on Ebay - there are a million auctions going at any given time. I just picked one up from moto-deluxe for $25 shipped for my old RD350 & may have to get one for the WR. It appears to be high quality and best of all is actually useful.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AFJ7732W

Posted August 06, 2008 - 11:42 AM

Can you actually see anything in those SuperMoto mirrors?

• mightymart

Posted August 06, 2008 - 01:09 PM

Bar end mirrors ! I did have them on my XR but now have fitted them to my WR in the same way. They are not as good as proper mirrors but if you lift you elbow up slighly you can see whats behind you.
Ive used these for around a year & have no probs on road or track/greenlane.
Mirrors ARE NOT a legal requirement in the UK same as indicators.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• byggd

Posted August 06, 2008 - 02:14 PM

You can order the same mirror from TT and its a couple bucks less!

Not if you live just up the freeway and know someone who works there. :)

• tweav

Posted August 07, 2008 - 12:12 AM

Can you actually see anything in those SuperMoto mirrors?

a friend of mine has the convex mirrors from apa I can see much more in those then I can in my fold aways . even at high speeds .

• Wilma397

Posted August 07, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Bar end mirrors ! I did have them on my XR but now have fitted them to my WR in the same way. They are not as good as proper mirrors but if you lift you elbow up slighly you can see whats behind you.
Ive used these for around a year & have no probs on road or track/greenlane.
Mirrors ARE NOT a legal requirement in the UK same as indicators.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the quote "Mirrors ARE NOT a legal requirement in the UK same as indicators" so many people have told me this but all the police around here say i have to have them????? I just don't understand the authorites anymore!!! :)

• taycam

Posted August 13, 2008 - 05:55 PM

Ken Sean mirrors are the best I have found, they even make a nice clamp for them. I have tried the fold aways but I find they are too small to see anything and they to short to view anything other than my arm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.