Springs for WR-450 (2005)

1 reply to this topic
  • Orange and Blue Family

Posted August 04, 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'm wondering whether the stock springs on my 2005 WR-450 are ideal for my weight (200+ lbs)?

I ride a variety of trails in the Sierras and some family enduros.

Any advice on whether I should replace the stock springs with anything stiffer?

:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eurobound

Posted August 06, 2008 - 02:37 AM

I'm wondering whether the stock springs on my 2005 WR-450 are ideal for my weight (200+ lbs)?

I ride a variety of trails in the Sierras and some family enduros.

Any advice on whether I should replace the stock springs with anything stiffer?

:)

stock spring is generally for lighter riders... 170lbs, etc... at your weight it wouldn't hurt to try a stronger spring... I am putting a heavier spring in mine later this week so that I can get the theoretically correct sag figures... I am 200lbs with gear on... getting a WP Suspension 5.7 - 160 length... I have 2006 WR450...

there is lots of info on correct springs and setting your sag in the suspension forum and some here too I think... (try a search!)

good luck!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.