Finally a tank for the 07+ WR that doesnt need YZ shrouds

52 replies to this topic
  • Looks450

Posted August 04, 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have pestered Clarke for a while now, and they have emailed me to say that a 3.6 Gal tank is available.

I think that it is 13.5 Lt

Looks

http://www.clarkemfg...ode=Yamaha YZ-F

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 04, 2008 - 05:12 PM

cool.... too bad it took so long

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 04, 2008 - 05:40 PM

anyone try one? i need a bigger one forsure. might have to give it a try

• mikeythefokker

Posted August 04, 2008 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, me too. Thanks for the pestering.

• SmobySport

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:27 PM

Heck yeah I see you can order in different colors also. I am going to have to try out the black one. And for $200, how bad can you mess up a gas tank? Dont the ims run in the upper $200 range?

• KennyMc

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:39 PM

Heck yeah I see you can order in different colors also. I am going to have to try out the black one. And for $200, how bad can you mess up a gas tank? Dont the ims run in the upper $200 range?

Yeah, I paid $249 for my IMS last year. $209 for a .5 bigger tank sounds like a winner. I chose the natural for it's ability to see how much gas is left.

• mvryder

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Oh crap.....go figure. I just got the IMS. I would have much rather gotten this one.

• SmobySport

Posted August 05, 2008 - 09:29 AM

Going to order the black one to try and keep the color scheme the same. I will post a review when I get it. I see in the picture the tank allows for the scotts stabilizer bar so thats good, I am not sure if other tanks interfere with this setup.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 05, 2008 - 01:43 PM

Going to order the black one to try and keep the color scheme the same. I will post a review when I get it. I see in the picture the tank allows for the scotts stabilizer bar so thats good, I am not sure if other tanks interfere with this setup.

The IMS works great with the Scott's submount, I think the bigger question will be if it works with rad guards like the Unabikers :ride:

• resinlips

Posted August 05, 2008 - 04:45 PM

This is great news!! Outstanding, Thanks for the headsup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted August 05, 2008 - 10:31 PM

I want to see what this thing looks like from the right side.

• Doubleup29

Posted August 06, 2008 - 07:19 AM

I want to see what this thing looks like from the right side.

Here is the Right SidePosted Image

• mightymart

Posted August 06, 2008 - 12:47 PM

Are they the original graphics ?

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 06, 2008 - 01:58 PM

Here is the Right SidePosted Image

DAMN!! :) :D

I was hoping for a tank that was lower at the spout (like stock) and came down lower on the right side closer to the kick starter like the 3.3 gal acerbis tank did for the '03-'06 WR 450f.

• beezer

Posted August 06, 2008 - 05:56 PM

That tank looks pretty good if you axe me.

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 06, 2008 - 06:00 PM

That tank looks pretty good if you axe me.

No doubt.

It doesn't hide the AIS well enough. It leaves that area way open to visual inspection:naughty:

• beezer

Posted August 06, 2008 - 06:05 PM

Why hide the AIS?

The gestapo?

• chevytrkn1

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:19 PM

good question about working with rad.gaurds. Might have to call them before i order and maker sure my unabikers wont interefere. If i get an answer ill let you all know

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:33 PM

Why hide the AIS?

The gestapo?

Exactly

If they can't see it, they can't tell that its missing :)

• GPRacer171

Posted August 08, 2008 - 12:23 PM

I just ordered the tank. Luckily the shop I was buying the IMS tank from sold it before i could pick it up. Then when I looked to see what a different tank cost on Justgastanks.com I realized that teh clarke just came out.

good question about working with rad.gaurds. Might have to call them before i order and maker sure my unabikers wont interefere. If i get an answer ill let you all know

It is designed to work with the stock WR shrouds (a nice plus as we do not have to buy the YZ shrouds and add additional cost like some other brands). I am not completely familiar with the UFO shrouds, but if they mirror the WR, they should work.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.