WR450 stroker ?

1 reply to this topic
  • Dwight_Rudder

Posted December 19, 2002 - 09:11 PM

Is anyone stroking the cranks on WR450's ( 426 etc. ) ? I like longer stroke engines. Much smoother power. I saw that someone is selling stroker cranks for the 250F but it costs $1900. That is crazy. It only costs a bit over $200 to have PowRoll do a Honda XR crank.
Thanks,
Dwight :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted December 20, 2002 - 06:25 AM

Hey Dwight, there are a few stroker options out there, one is powroll and they do a 1mm stroke, which outright costs around a grand.
Any more stoke and you have to run a stroker plate or squish the rod. I know of one builder running a 5mm longer drz rod with a 2.5 mm stroke. There are also some euro guys that have built 500cc+ displacements in the stock cases. The big limiter to stroking is clearance with the balancer shaft and big end. The yz already has a short rod ratio so stroking and shortening the rod more to compensate creates a brighter delivery. I believe a long rod alone would broaden the power delivery, but the motors keep stacking up and I don't get to build one of each to try it out...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.