Hot start lever mod?

3 replies to this topic
  • Nathanael

Posted August 04, 2008 - 02:47 PM

My brother rides an 08 KTM and for hotstart it's just a lever like my 02 WR 426 has for compression. I'm installing a new cam to get auto decompression, so I can lose the compression lever, but I thought it would be nice to somehow mod the bike to put a hot start lever there in it's place, instead of using the pull-out on the carb.

Is this possible? Anyone done it?

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted August 05, 2008 - 07:31 AM

motion pro makes one that is a cable and button (like a choke). I've used it and it's pretty good. Alernately you could by a perch with integrated hotstart lever,a nd get a custom cable made to run down to teh hot start.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nathanael

Posted August 05, 2008 - 12:01 PM

Cool - thanks!

• Birdy426

Posted August 05, 2008 - 02:29 PM

Dr D (Doug Dubach Racing) makes one...cable, bracket and lever. Works bitchin'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.