Do you need to rejet after you go to yz timing?

7 replies to this topic
  • Tman

Posted June 06, 2002 - 08:42 AM

I was thinking about changing my timing and looked in the archives there were a few posts about having to buy yz jets and needles. I was just wondering if this is needed or if I can stick to my stock jetting? Thanks. Also If you can give me any do's and don't when it comes do doing this mod I would apreciate it. Thanks again. :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:31 PM

No you do not have to rejet, Most folks that do are doing so to pull the absolute most out of the bike.

Bonzai :)

• Hick

Posted June 06, 2002 - 12:31 PM

IMO the WR needs to be rejetted as soon as you uncork the exhaust and remove the airbox lid, with the former probably having the most effect (I never tried them independently). Once you do those things it seems logical it will pretty much breathe like a YZ.

In my experience changing to YZ timing dosen't really affect the jetting. I run the same jetting in my YZ, my pal's WR w/ stock timing and WB exhaust, and my other pal's WR w/ YZ timing and stock, uncorked exhaust.

Hope this helps.

• skippy

Posted June 06, 2002 - 10:04 PM

My wr timeing jetting is.
38pj, 65paj, drm#4, 155mj, 200maj.
BUT my yz timeing is.
38pj, 65paj, emm#5, 168mj, 200maj.
I beleave that the motor revs faster with yz timeing so there fore needs more fuel.
Thats what I found.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted June 06, 2002 - 10:25 PM

A motor that works efficiently needs less fuel

• lewichris

Posted June 07, 2002 - 05:31 AM

anD a motor that dosent work at all is a suzuki.

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: lewichris ]

• blue_beast_wins

Posted June 07, 2002 - 12:06 PM

You gotta point there.

• SoCalWR426

Posted June 07, 2002 - 06:43 PM

Hmmm!... Funny thing....I had to re-jet!

SoCal

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.