Two brothers exhaust 2008 yz450f

7 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:04 AM

Hi i have read great things of two bros exhaust performance...
so is that pipe actually the most power productive in the 2008 yz450f
at least they releasing dyno charges...i was allmoust ordering the
PRO CIRCUIT TI-4 GP but now i am confused :ride:

• j-ripper

Posted August 04, 2008 - 07:09 PM

i ordered the dr.d system for mine for 445.00 to the door, let me know how you make out with the 2 bros., i was gonna get that one myself. also getting the boysen water pump cover and impeller, the reason i went with dr.d is so i can lower my radiators, i made the kit at work, they will be .8 lower when installed, i hope it becomes as nimble as my 05 two stroke

• grayracer513

Posted August 04, 2008 - 08:07 PM

There is nothing special about the Two Brothers pipe for the '08. The big gain with this exhaust is at 5000 RPM, in the lower mid range. The pipe adds almost nothing on top. Almost any low restriction exhaust will accomplish the same or similar increases in low/mid power, including the DRD, FMF, Pro Circuit, etc., etc, even the stock exhausts from an '06 or '07 YZ450. The question is whether it adds more than these other systems, and how much gain in top end pull you get from the others.

I frankly doubt it's a better choice than the DRD, but it's not my choice.

• Demo_Slug

Posted August 04, 2008 - 08:33 PM

sound output is important to me.... I seriously looked at the tow brothers system for my WR. its a nice looking pipe and its got some cool machined parts and is cheap for what it is... but.

yes the but, but when I talked to them they had done no sound testing. they had queit inserts, but could only state that they'd knock 2 or 6dbs off whatever the un corked pipe output was, and they guessed that was 102db. they also told me that the packing wouldn't last long with the -6db tip.

in my neck of the woods 96dbs is manditory for parks,

and not that I ever plan to race... next season AMA is lowering the bar to 94db.

:ride: hard to imagine two brothers as a real player if they arn't managing sound output.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FlashGordon

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:28 PM

The Dr. D on my 2006 was too loud for me, but adding the spark arrestor and silencer makes it just right. Cut the power a bit, but there is still plenty.

• xorron5

Posted August 05, 2008 - 04:29 AM

OK so what about pro circuit ti-4 gp versus dr.d power...they just aint giving
any dyno run info about their pipes...:ride:

• Slinkyman16

Posted August 05, 2008 - 10:05 AM

dont know anything about the dr.d.. but i have the ti-4 gp.. system and i really like it.. lots of power increase in the middle and up top.. not a whole lot on the bottom.. but still a good increase..

cant really go wrong with either..

• j-ripper

Posted August 05, 2008 - 01:46 PM

hey gray racer, you know anything about the radiater lowering kit? was wondering if you had any experiance or know someone who does with it

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.