Has anyone done this? wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • skisnh

Posted August 04, 2008 - 04:13 AM

While I was installing my Vapor computer (love it) I removed the headlight assembly to get access. I noticed the WR came with a hi/low bulb. I removed the pin from the low beam side and moved it to the empty high beam terminal. I like the extra light..my question is if I ride slow tight single track all day does the stator have enough juice that it wont drain down my battery? has anyone else done this?

• Alternative

Posted August 04, 2008 - 05:08 AM

The high beam of the bulb is probably the same or only slightly more wattage than the low beam (probably a 35/35W or 55/60W) so you're not drawing much more current, if any. So no, you won't drain your battery.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ophir

Posted August 04, 2008 - 07:51 AM

I have them both hooked up with a switch so that I can run either hi or low.

• TooFast

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:29 AM

Your headlight is actually running on AC, not the battery DC

• skisnh

Posted August 04, 2008 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the replies..:ride:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.