YZ450 19" rim help

7 replies to this topic
  • Mrmonk7663

Posted August 02, 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hey everyone. Do any of yall know if the rear 19" rim/hub from a YZ450 will bolt up to the FRONT of a WR450? I have an 04. I'm doing a budget supermoto project, and no I don't want to just save up for 17" rims. I think 18 in the rear and 19 in the front will work just fine. Any help with a suitable rim would be much appreciated. I would rather find a rim/hub instead of buying a wheel and having it laced to my hub.

Thanks alot,

• jhmotard

Posted August 02, 2008 - 09:50 PM

just buy the Kenda K761 sportsman tires....cheap too

• Mrmonk7663

Posted August 02, 2008 - 11:52 PM

While that is an option, I like the look of the smaller rims/tires and I also would benefit from the shorter rim/tire as it would lower the bike a bit, which I desperately need. Does anyone know of any 18 or 19 inch rim/hub from a stock bike that will fit on the front of a WR450? Thanks

• Mrmonk7663

Posted August 03, 2008 - 11:22 AM

If there is no available bolt on wheel/hub assembly...what about hubs. What hub will will simply bolt in place of my stock hub on this bike? Where can I source one from. A new factory hub can be had for $125 but i'm on a budget. A Complete wheel/hub would be better but I don't know if there is one out there. Anyone?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jhmotard

Posted August 03, 2008 - 09:57 PM

or you could spend a little extra for 17" hoops and spokes for your stock hubs...depending if you want to keep your dirt setup intact...

• Mrmonk7663

Posted August 04, 2008 - 06:15 AM

Ok let me ask this. Is there a big advantage to running aftermarket hubs vs stock hubs? What is the low down on this. I know some hubs are really light weight but will stock hubs be just fine?

• Alternative

Posted August 05, 2008 - 03:29 AM

Yes stock hubs will be fine. Most of the aftermarket hubs are actually heavier than stock ones so there's no real advantage, other than looks.

• Mrmonk7663

Posted August 05, 2008 - 07:51 AM

Thanks, thats what I needed to know.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.