YZ426F Big Bore / Stroker Kit - MAX Displacement??

4 replies to this topic
  • SCORPiON5150

Posted August 02, 2008 - 11:37 AM

What's the largest displacement number one can achieve with the 426 via boring or stroking? We've all seen the 444 kits but what else is out there? Is it possibly to exceed 450cc with the 426 engine? I have yet to find an Athena or Ice Cube type replacement cylinder or kit, and I have yet to see or hear of anyone using a 450 cylinder or otherwise. I'd LOVE to get up to about 470cc but am doubtful it's possible.

• barbuster400

Posted August 02, 2008 - 05:07 PM

I talked to Falicon about my 426 a couple of years ago. They could stroke it to 488. Here is the link to there site. http://www.faliconcr....com/index.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SCORPiON5150

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:28 AM

I talked to Falicon about my 426 a couple of years ago. They could stroke it to 488. Here is the link to there site. http://www.faliconcr....com/index.html

I am familiar with Falicon. They make a crankshaft for my cannondale I've been planning on purchasing one day but it costs $1350 so it's tough to cough up the cash! I browsed their website and do not see anything at all posted on the 426 but I'll shoot them an email and see what they say.

Anybody know of other companies that could stroke the stock crank perhaps? I know Falicon is simply one of the best choices for that service but they are very proud of their work and simply may just be TOO BOOKOO! We'll see what they have to say.

• pbviking

Posted August 03, 2008 - 05:53 PM

I am familiar with Falicon. They make a crankshaft for my cannondale I've been planning on purchasing one day but it costs $1350 so it's tough to cough up the cash! I browsed their website and do not see anything at all posted on the 426 but I'll shoot them an email and see what they say.

Anybody know of other companies that could stroke the stock crank perhaps? I know Falicon is simply one of the best choices for that service but they are very proud of their work and simply may just be TOO BOOKOO! We'll see what they have to say.

please let me know of your findings

hmmm
maybe we can do a group buy

• sandrappy

Posted August 04, 2008 - 11:18 AM

I'm not sure what the difference is between the 426 and the 450 engines, but i know you can take the 450 engines up to 550cc's or larger. I wouldn't recomend it as this is what we do to our atv drag bikes, and this requires big stroker cranks and after market cylinders to get the bore large enough. 501cc's is a pretty easy task and is easy to get to with out spending a ton of money.

Falicon can stroke the stock crank for you and put on a stronger rod etc... Crankworks is also another great place which i usually deal with. They are cheaper but do quality work only bad thing is they are usually backed up with a slow turn around time where falicon can usually do it in a week's time.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.