KTM 300xc VS. KTM 250sx

9 replies to this topic
  • YaMaHaCrAzY033

Posted August 02, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Hey guys,

I've recently taken a trip to ride with my cousins, and threw a leg over an '04 CR125. Needless to say, I caught premix fever. I'm seventeen, 6'0 and top the scales at 150. My usual steed is a fairly heavily modified '05 WR450F. With that said, I pretty much man-handled the 125. I'm looking at a 250 two stroke, and instantly went to KTM for numerous reasons. The '05 and '06 model are my two favorites. While I was looking at the 250, the 300xc caught my eye. I'm not sure if I want to go down the xc road, so could you guys help me out a little bit? It's been a while since I've been in the market for a bike, so I'm slightly rusty.

Thanks for the help,

Carter

• briggzie09

Posted August 02, 2008 - 06:46 PM

I don't know if this is any help-If you are on the track most of the time-go with the 250SX.
If you are riding on the trail most of the time-go with the 300XC.
However, you could ride trails on a 250SX-Well, I'm pretty sure.

• shrubitup

Posted August 03, 2008 - 06:52 AM

I don't know if this is any help-If you are on the track most of the time-go with the 250SX.
If you are riding on the trail most of the time-go with the 300XC.
However, you could ride trails on a 250SX-Well, I'm pretty sure.

What he said.

• dtkiko

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:22 AM

Hey guys,

I've recently taken a trip to ride with my cousins, and threw a leg over an '04 CR125. Needless to say, I caught premix fever. I'm seventeen, 6'0 and top the scales at 150. My usual steed is a fairly heavily modified '05 WR450F. With that said, I pretty much man-handled the 125. I'm looking at a 250 two stroke, and instantly went to KTM for numerous reasons. The '05 and '06 model are my two favorites. While I was looking at the 250, the 300xc caught my eye. I'm not sure if I want to go down the xc road, so could you guys help me out a little bit? It's been a while since I've been in the market for a bike, so I'm slightly rusty.

Thanks for the help,

Carter

[COLOR="Blue"]hi man, perhaps you could decide better by looking into this vid (2007 LMS, where the particular section of the race is on a tight steep rocky hill just after the triple threat). taddy was on a katoom 250XC while david knight on a 300XC/ 300EXC.

http://www.veoh.com/...1618605f8RPPW5W[/COLOR]

• YaMaHaCrAzY033

Posted August 03, 2008 - 12:44 PM

I guess I'm afraid to take the 300 XC too seriously. I don't want a mellowed down bike. How crazy is the 300?

• blasterkid52

Posted August 03, 2008 - 01:10 PM

its not crazy. its smooth and had great low end. there is nothing to be scared of on the 300 at all.

• Ttoks

Posted August 04, 2008 - 02:31 AM

actually, you put the red PV spring in the 300 and they're quite agressive..

the 300's are similar, or a little under to the 250SX in outright pwoer, but is a lot smoother (even with the RED PV spring), but the 250SX is one seriously powerful bike, puts down more power then most 450's, only the 450SX and husky TC450 are more powerful.

if your riding MX the 250 is definantly a great bike, with most riders in a little test over here (from novice to experts) it posted faster lap times then any other 250 MXer, even if the same people didn't like the feel of the suspention, but if your riding offroad the 300 is a much better bike.

• CJONE

Posted January 27, 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help,

Carter

If you can go with a 07SX or 08XC the new frame is worth the money. The XC can be tuned just about anything from mild to wild, the SX makes a great trail bike for the faster rider. The suspension is the biggest thing on a KTM you need to get it dialed in for your weight and ability. CJ

• vinilla gorilla

Posted January 27, 2009 - 02:50 PM

... Get a YZ :banana:

• mxkid12

Posted January 27, 2009 - 05:57 PM

i say there both good choices just depending on what you ride:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Stuck WFO by DirtRider500R

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Anyone know what kind of lever this is by shatteredclutch

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

'15 YZ250f vs. '15 KX250f by Bryan.711

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

RM-Z Video Thread by Wyorever

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   RM-Z 450
  • Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

Revalving a Factory Connection KYB SSS Revalve by C-P

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  41 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.