Streetability 2008 WR450?

6 replies to this topic
  • sunnycoastrider

Posted August 01, 2008 - 08:17 PM

New owner here...Need some advise please, i have about a 30 minutes plus ride to the trails will this be a problem or better off trailering? I almost went the Husky TE610 due to it being a better on the road.

Can't wait pick her up next week.:ride:

• xrmarty

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:14 PM

30 minutes ain't bad. Just don't keep it revved up for a long time and vary the throttle. Can't see a problem with that.

• sunnycoastrider

Posted August 02, 2008 - 12:01 AM

Thanks xrmarty, thought it would be the case worth asking tho.

Hopefully the WR over the TE610 is the right bike choice for me as i think i will do mostly dirt with a mix of trails, then ride home. I guess i will find out...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted August 02, 2008 - 01:11 AM

I've got my 07 wr450 streetlegal and supermoto'd . It has nearly 5000 miles on it now and I have not done anything to it other then check the valves and swap in a new piston at 3500 miles . I hold mine wide open on the road alot.

• sunnycoastrider

Posted August 02, 2008 - 03:28 PM

It must be the blue thing unbustable.:ride:

Thanks guys

• tweav

Posted August 02, 2008 - 04:59 PM

what it is the angle that the cam pushs on the valve is almost straight . so the yamahas don't really have the valve train issues that some of the other bikes have . I'm still going to put in stainless valves when I do have rebuild the head.

Don't get me wrong it does have the standard issues .They are a real pain in the a$$ to work on the carb . I've torn up my fair share of chains ,sprocket and tires . and the 600 - 800 miles oil changes kind of suck but other then that these bike are solid .

• ckroto

Posted August 03, 2008 - 05:11 AM

The search feature really does work. Here you go.

http://www.thumperta...ater pump seals

This should cover any questions about road use.:ride:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.