03 Wr450 Whats It Worth?????????

7 replies to this topic
  • Eroc1313

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hey Guys,

Local dealer has a very clean and low hour WR450 he took in on trade. Guy traded in all his dirt toys (the WR, a Raptor,and a Rhino) for a street bike. I guess he wants to save on gas?
Their asking 3995.00 but a "friend" in the shop thinks they will take 3000 plus tax.
Lets hear from those that know!!!

Thanks!

Eric

• Mrmonk7663

Posted August 01, 2008 - 11:31 AM

$3000 would be ok, $3995 is ridiculous.

• NW_E-rider

Posted August 01, 2008 - 12:26 PM

I paid $330 for a low hour '03 WR450 last year. Had 7XX miles on the trip, owner claimed he had never reset, and that rear tire was original. He had crashed it a few times to the plastic was scratched and white, yet good overall shape. It had aftermarket bars and handguards, plus a header pipe.

So $3000 would be a good price for a bike w/ low hours and in great shape. Have seen them in the mid $2k range a bit more weathered.

• phynx

Posted August 01, 2008 - 03:36 PM

I paid $330 for a low hour '03 WR450 last year. Had 7XX miles on the trip, owner claimed he had never reset, and that rear tire was original. He had crashed it a few times to the plastic was scratched and white, yet good overall shape. It had aftermarket bars and handguards, plus a header pipe.

So $3000 would be a good price for a bike w/ low hours and in great shape. Have seen them in the mid $2k range a bit more weathered.

Yes! Just bought a 03' under 100 miles, super clean, but with a green crunchy, flaky carb. I took all the jets out and thoroughly cleaned it. I rode it yesterday and love the pow!
Paid $2500.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skisnh

Posted August 01, 2008 - 04:49 PM

I bought an 04 two weeks ago for 2850.00 all free mods and new rear tire..still 3k sounds reasonable..by the way its the best bike I've ever owned

• hillclimbguy

Posted August 01, 2008 - 06:13 PM

Dont pay no more than 3Gs. I picked a plated WR for a little more than 3Gs.
The dealer just wants to make a profit. Walk in and have cash in hand and make an offer. Money talks and Bu__ Sh__ walks. If the dealer wants to get rid of the bike, he'll deal.

• brad the best

Posted August 01, 2008 - 08:05 PM

payed 3500$ in canada last year for mine , has the flywheel fix ( new side cover n such) and was well maintained all ready had all the free mods .

havent had any problems with it . they were asking 4200$

• Eroc1313

Posted August 02, 2008 - 11:58 AM

Thanks guys for all the feed back. Im sure this bike has not had the starter mod or any as far as I can tell.
Going in Monday with alow ball cash offer of 2500 otd just ta get the ball in play. Will let that soak in for the week and see what feed back I get.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.