Back To The Family

15 replies to this topic
  • jonkers

Posted August 01, 2008 - 05:57 AM

Hi people.

Just dropping in to say hi. You will probably see me around here a bit more now.

My 08 RMZ450 got stolen last week and my new ride arrived today.

Posted Image

Anyway's just though i would pop in and say high.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted August 01, 2008 - 05:58 AM

Great looking bike, I can't wait to get mine.

• jonkers

Posted August 01, 2008 - 06:02 AM

Great looking bike, I can't wait to get mine.

Should be good. asv c5's arrived today also.
Acro should be here monday
and springs and gold valves should be here also early next week.

Will go from there. Is a pain in the ass i have to start again in such a short time but oh well.

• grayracer513

Posted August 01, 2008 - 06:15 AM

gold valves should be here also early next week.

Do yourself a favor; send them back.

• Wiz636

Posted August 01, 2008 - 07:54 AM

Do yourself a favor; send them back.

I was going to say the same thing!

• Justin89

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:37 AM

WHAT?! That totally sucks buy way nicer pick up...

• intensem1rider

Posted August 02, 2008 - 10:52 AM

Yes, send the Gold valves back, they are worse than the stock valve's in your suspension!!!

• jonkers

Posted August 17, 2008 - 10:53 PM

Well bike is all together and suspension is all done. It is so nice to ride. I am likeing it sooooo much.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted August 18, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Nice! I warehoused the stock plastic and exhaust on mine the minute i took possession of it too.

That Akrapovic exhaust looks trick

• desert-rat660

Posted August 18, 2008 - 01:48 PM

looks sick, im jealous

• Sawblade

Posted August 18, 2008 - 04:44 PM

jonkers - How does the 09 YZ 450 turn compared to the 08 RMZ 450? Also, whats the stability like between the two?

• jonkers

Posted August 19, 2008 - 03:41 AM

The rmz turned quicker. But i like the yz better. It is not as twitchy as the rmz and is more predictable. I am actually quicker through corners and can get on the gas quicker.

• adamdf

Posted August 19, 2008 - 04:02 AM

The rmz turned quicker. But i like the yz better. It is not as twitchy as the rmz and is more predictable. I am actually quicker through corners and can get on the gas quicker.

Sounds great.I thought you may have been considering sticking with yellow but just couldn't get another RMZ due to lack of supply worldwide? Looks like you are convinced about the YZF now? :thumbsup:

• desert-rat660

Posted August 19, 2008 - 10:03 AM

good choice

• jonkers

Posted August 20, 2008 - 02:53 AM

Sounds great.I thought you may have been considering sticking with yellow but just couldn't get another RMZ due to lack of supply worldwide? Looks like you are convinced about the YZF now? :thumbsup:

Dont get me wrong. The rmz is great. And if they had of had another one i would of got one.

But now after riding the yz i would pick the yzf. I went riding again this afternoon and it just unbelivable. Love it so much. And its not just cause it is a new bike i have had 2 new ones in so close proximity.

• adamdf

Posted August 20, 2008 - 04:25 AM

Dont get me wrong. The rmz is great. And if they had of had another one i would of got one.

But now after riding the yz i would pick the yzf. I went riding again this afternoon and it just unbelivable. Love it so much. And its not just cause it is a new bike i have had 2 new ones in so close proximity.

Cool to hear. If i was in the market for a bike now, it would be the 09 yami hands down, as it seems the most refined of the bunch. Looks like i'll be waiting for 2010 to come around, there should be big changes then motor wise (maybe efi?) but hopefully yamaha wont try to fix what isnt broke by changing the chassis too and suspension too much (which is what is so outstanding on the yamis)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.