FMF Q pipe, anybody ever been noise tested from 5 meters / 15 feet away?

2 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:24 PM

Im doing a enduro on sunday and I have to be UNDER 86db from 5 metres / 15 feet away at any rpm / throttle opening. Has anybody ever had their WR450 tested like this with a FMF q pipe and what was the noise level?

It was no problem, there were loads of much louder bikes at the event.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 01, 2008 - 07:27 AM

Hmm.... that's a different kind of test for sound. We don't do it that way here in the states for enduro's. We do a 10 or 12 inch test, but they allow 96db.

I am not sure how it would sound at 5 metres away. Let us know how you do with that.

Posted August 01, 2008 - 07:59 AM

My 04' had a Q on it and it always passed our standardized sound checks here in the NMA, you should be fine:thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.