Irratic low end on 06 wr450

No replies to this topic
  • ronkrom

Posted July 31, 2008 - 07:07 AM

I can't seem to get rid of this annoying surge at any spot on the throttle. Its worse just off an idle. The surge itself is enough so you can't ride on the road with only one hand. I do equal amounts of on/off road riding. All mods are done. Dosen't make a differents ,rich or lean, I tried every combo of jetting, disconnected and reconnected TPS several times also. It is not noticable in the trails when your constantly twisting the throttle. It's done it since it was new. Just makes road riding unpleasent at a constant speed.
Other than buying a road bike, any suggestions? It has less than 400 miles on it. Aside from this little annoyance I like the bike;tons of power I don't even use.
Without buying a new cam or new vortex ignition, can either of these be adjusted? As a former automechanic [pre computers], it just feels like ignition timing.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Ron

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.