need AIS picture

13 replies to this topic
  • jhmotard

Posted July 30, 2008 - 10:08 PM

help...i need a picture of the right side of an 06wr450 showing the ais removal kit!!!

i'm trying to track down a misfire...

• jhmotard

Posted August 01, 2008 - 08:33 AM

nobody can take a simple picture for me?

• kskyles

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:33 AM

which kit did you use? TT or Yamaha?

• broccoli2

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:35 AM

What nobody can answer a simple question?

• kskyles

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:38 AM

What nobody can answer a simple question?

there's two types of AIS removal kits. TT or Yamaha Kit. I have pictures of the TT kit. In fact, it's in the performance index in the stickies.

We can answer a simple question. Just need to know which kit he used.

• kskyles

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:44 AM

if you used the TT kit:

http://www.thumperta...ht=AIS tutorial

If you used the yamaha GYTR kit, then i don't have any pics.

• Demo_Slug

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:11 AM

http://www.southbayr...ead.php?t=10730

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:43 AM

Actually, there are a slew of kits for AIS removal. For example, I use the kit from F2 Racing.

If.... you think the AIS kit caused a misfire, the only thing it could be is a vacuum leak, which would be apparent at idle and on decel. That would merely be the point where the vacuum line had connected to the intake side of the head. On the airbox, a failure to plug the port there would enable dirt ingestion. On the exhaust, you'd be getting exhaust carbon' at the point of the leak and probably excessive decel popping.

I strongly suspect your issue is something else unless you are trying to describe excessive decel popping..
Is it worse when the bike is hot or cold?
Steady throttle? Only when accelerating? Low RPM? High RPM?

• broccoli2

Posted August 01, 2008 - 10:48 AM

there's two types of AIS removal kits. TT or Yamaha Kit. I have pictures of the TT kit. In fact, it's in the performance index in the stickies.

We can answer a simple question. Just need to know which kit he
used.

DUDE.... I was not talking to you. I was jabbing the origainal poster for saying "nobody can take a simple picture for me?" Because he didn't answer your question :ride: ;) :p :rant: :mad:

• kskyles

Posted August 01, 2008 - 01:49 PM

DUDE.... I was not talking to you. I was jabbing the origainal poster for saying "nobody can take a simple picture for me?" Because he didn't answer your question :ride: ;) :p :rant: :mad:

no offense taken, and no offense intended. it's all good.

include a quote next time, and there's no misunderstanding.

it's all cool here.

• jhmotard

Posted August 01, 2008 - 02:19 PM

Actually, there are a slew of kits for AIS removal. For example, I use the kit from F2 Racing.

If.... you think the AIS kit caused a misfire, the only thing it could be is a vacuum leak, which would be apparent at idle and on decel. That would merely be the point where the vacuum line had connected to the intake side of the head. On the airbox, a failure to plug the port there would enable dirt ingestion. On the exhaust, you'd be getting exhaust carbon' at the point of the leak and probably excessive decel popping.

I strongly suspect your issue is something else unless you are trying to describe excessive decel popping..
Is it worse when the bike is hot or cold?
Steady throttle? Only when accelerating? Low RPM? High RPM?

okay, i think i have the GYTR kit because i have a rubber plug that goes over the intake port and a cap that goes over the exhaust port.

its definately a misfire. 1/4 throttle all the way to WOT. steady throttle. the warmer the bike is the worse the misfire is. if i run through the gears it doesn't do it. ive jetted it countless times....

• William1

Posted August 01, 2008 - 06:38 PM

Then your problem is not the AIS. It is one of two things. Either the bike is too rich on the needle or you have the renowned "WR slow speed miss". Being you state it happens all the way to WOT, I'd lower the needle a clip position, test, lower again and test. See if the problem goes away or gets significantly better. If you have the stock needle in, I beleive on your bike it is non-adjustable. You can either get a YZ450 needle (one size leaner than stock for a YZ) or get a jetting kit from James Dean.

• jhmotard

Posted August 02, 2008 - 07:28 PM

it happens at a constant throttle between 1/4 and wot. what causes the slow speed miss, the cdi?

i'll try leaning out the needle and see how it goes.

• William1

Posted August 03, 2008 - 03:04 AM

The CDI on a WR is sometimes the cause, though is can be jetting too. Being it seems worse when hot, leaning is the correct first 'testing' step.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.