Intalling fork springs

3 replies to this topic
  • throttle_happy_mike

Posted July 30, 2008 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

I just got some race tech fork springs, just wondering about installing them. I have a race this weekend, and don't what to mess it up. To install these springs do you just remove the top cartridge, and switch them or do i have to disassemble them from the bottom of the fork aswell?

thanks

• kawazooki_doc

Posted July 30, 2008 - 04:17 PM

what bike do you have?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • throttle_happy_mike

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:13 PM

sorry Its a YZ450 08

• grayracer513

Posted August 03, 2008 - 07:57 PM

The cartridge has to be removed completely from the main (outer) tubes. This can be done without removing the forks from the clamps, but it's best if you pull them off. Unscrew the cartridge from the top of the fork, then unscrew the adjuster assembly from the bottom. Disconnect the damper rods from the adjusters, and slide out the cartridges and springs.

Read the manual carefully and understand the reassembly process. There are a couple of mistakes you can make.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.