Radiator Shroud Interchangablility

3 replies to this topic
  • jmkybf

Posted July 30, 2008 - 09:22 AM

I read a whole bunch of old post on what model plastics can be interchanged, but I came across a discrepancy for the radiator shrouds for a WR400. I know that the YZ400 ones will work if you wollow out the lower mounting holes, and I read that the WR/YZ426 won't work on a 400. The problem is on Acerbis's website, they say that the 2000 WR400 and WR426 are the same. I'm looking at what will fit on a '98 WR400.

Posted July 30, 2008 - 09:38 AM

On my 99' there were no differences at all between the YZ and WR, no mods needed to lower hole :ride:

To the best of my knowledge 426 and 400 WR were the same but the YZ 426 was not interchangable with the WR......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted July 30, 2008 - 11:21 AM

98 to 02 YZF and WRF are identical in design and layout - only difference is all 400's are flat and all 426's are 45 degree mounts on the lower rad bolt.
Don't believe me cross reference the parts fiche.
All are still interchangeable - see pic below - a 400 with 426 shrouds.

03 is when it changes completely in tank/shroud design.

YZ is completely different and will NOT fit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• jmkybf

Posted July 30, 2008 - 11:36 AM

Thanks, that is just what I needed to hear. I just thought that the yz shrouds needed wollowing out because my bike came with yz graphics on the shrouds and the holes looked wollowed out.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.