C.A.R.B.

20 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted June 05, 2002 - 05:53 AM

any way to make an 02 wr426 pass smog so i can have a green sticker.. just temporarily ya know put the crap on smog it get the green then take it off... Anyone...

• freestyle111

Posted June 05, 2002 - 06:54 AM

i have a 91 toyota,i think the catalytic converter will fit wr426 with a few minor modifications.your welcome to borrow it just give me pm with your address.i'll send it right out.you can borrow the air filter tub and heat riser tube also.i suggest you have 2 or 3 rolls of duct tape on hand for this modification.

• ISBB

Posted June 05, 2002 - 07:02 AM

dude are u serious....

• freestyle111

Posted June 05, 2002 - 07:20 AM

egoahole can tell you exactly how to make stuff fit.i let him borrow the stuff a couple months ago.he got his smogged no problem

• lewichris

Posted June 05, 2002 - 07:25 AM

get out the shovels boys. it is getting deep in here.

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 05, 2002 - 07:42 AM

No its true absolutly true

Only thing is I have a yz and freestyle the wr so I had to weld a differant bracket to hold the cat to the subframe.

The guy at speedy oil and tune up thought I was nuts but it passed first time. I couldnt believe it

To Add:
Since then I found a smaller Cat from the Toyota mr2 it tucks right up next to the seat, But I can not keep the Number Plate on

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• ISBB

Posted June 05, 2002 - 07:59 AM

did u take it off or is it still on your bike.. if its on your bike do u have pictures.

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 05, 2002 - 08:00 AM

Actally it is off but I can put it back on no problem and take pictures

It may take me a day or so

• lewichris

Posted June 05, 2002 - 08:09 AM

i need to see that. lol

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 05, 2002 - 08:10 AM

If were getting this much atten on it maybe freestyle and I can market it and over discounts to TT'rs that are intressted

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted June 05, 2002 - 08:24 AM

ego i was just thinking the same thing.im going to go polish the air cleaner and catalytic converter if were going to be taking pictures.when marketing new product presentation is everything.get your camera ready

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 05, 2002 - 11:36 AM

<FONT COLOR="#FF0000">C</FONT>alifornians <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">A</FONT>re
<FONT COLOR="#FF0000">R</FONT>eallystupid <FONT COLOR="#FF0000">B</FONT>astards

• Private_Joker

Posted June 05, 2002 - 11:54 AM

Hey Ego,

Did those characters at speedy oil & tune try to sell you a crappy new air filter when they smogged your bike?

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 05, 2002 - 02:42 PM

Hey Ron,
Amen. We're on the same page here. I knew you'd be here to comment, I just didn't know when. LOL!
Dan

• BFLee

Posted June 05, 2002 - 02:48 PM

The only way:

Trade it in on a 520EXC/G

sorry

I'm in the same situation :)

• freestyle111

Posted June 05, 2002 - 03:58 PM

me and ego,almost got smog conversion complete.were working a better way to route egr valve.sit tight isbb ,pics are on the way.you might want to call DMV and setup appointment for registration.

• ISBB

Posted June 06, 2002 - 07:15 AM

COO

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:44 PM

Freestyle
DId I send you back the piston return spring with the kit, I think I missed placed it.

Anyway I have a new bracket welded up to accomidate the heat sheald that is need to keep the right bun from pretty much burning off.

Remember thos test runs

Ouuchh

• 426fred

Posted June 06, 2002 - 09:31 PM

Ego,

how did You route the Harman Kardon Wire? I was thinking through the loops on the snider bracket at the left outletport! And if You need a new piston return spring I have one from Flextronic wich will increase the returnspeed of the piston with 15.7%!!! and using those electronic valve pushers from Cyberdyne and the lifters of a 426 Hemi will add another 8.2%.
Just let me know and I will post the part# for the lot.

///Fast Freddie (if anyone remembers him)!!

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 07, 2002 - 03:24 AM

426Fred

how did You route the Harman Kardon Wire?

Up and around the high-port return near the flux heat return. It all in the pics I will be posting Hopefully today

I was thinking through the loops on the snider bracket at the left outletport!

Actually we did this at first butt it caused to much turbulance in the down draft inhibitor so we opted for the high-port return route

using those electronic valve pushers from Cyberdyne and the lifters of a 426 Hemi will add another 8.2%.

In reallity the AMC Hornet Lifters worked alot nicer and fit without alot of grinding, I found the Cyberdyne Customer Service Not Helpfull at all , So Freestyle and I manufactured our own out of some old Kirby Vacum cleaners

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.