Where's a good spot to mount a catch can on a 2006 yz450f?

15 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted July 29, 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hey everyone, just wondering where a good spot to mount a catch can on a 2006 yz450f? I actually would like some ideas on what to use for one...? I know about the turkey baster mod and if all else fails I might do that. I have the next feww days off so I want to tinker with my bike...any mods or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Justin89

Posted July 29, 2008 - 09:32 AM

Posted ImageHa ha would this work?

• matt4x4

Posted July 29, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Right behind the rad with the cap.
Posted Image

• Justin89

Posted July 29, 2008 - 10:45 AM

Right behind the rad with the cap.
Posted Image

Where do you find a bottle like that? I cant find one anywhere!!! Please share...lol:worthy: :ride:

• matt4x4

Posted July 29, 2008 - 11:55 AM

TT should carry them - or any other on line MX store.
try bikebandit.com

• Justin89

Posted July 29, 2008 - 12:09 PM

IDk I cant find it on either site...

• matt4x4

Posted July 30, 2008 - 08:04 AM

only 2 I can find - seems motion pro model is widely available

http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=731
http://enduropilot.c...ategory_id=clxi

• Justin89

Posted July 30, 2008 - 04:40 PM

Wow okay thanks a lot man:worthy: ...that ktm one looks nice too...not sure which one I'll get. Might just order the one from thumpertalk to keep it local:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted July 30, 2008 - 09:34 PM

I bought a wr can and hose off of e-bay for about $25 and mounted it where they do with some home made hardware and it works great. I did the turkey baster mod but it was too small of a baster. Only like 1 oz.

• Justin89

Posted July 30, 2008 - 09:41 PM

I bought a wr can and hose off of e-bay for about $25 and mounted it where they do with some home made hardware and it works great. I did the turkey baster mod but it was too small of a baster. Only like 1 oz.

I know, I've been trying to find a WR can and also a Raptor can but can't seem to find one yet...I'll keep searching:ride:

U got a pic of yours?

• Justin89

Posted July 30, 2008 - 10:03 PM

I just found one for a raptor...does any one know the dimensions of one?

• tnl

Posted July 30, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Mine was off of a raptor too and it fit. My dim. are: 2 1/8" wide by 8 1/2 long at the longest points front of can to filler cap. I can post a pic if you need one but it looks identical to a wr can.....I might of even looked up part numbers and found them to be the same from a wr to raptor?

• Justin89

Posted July 30, 2008 - 10:32 PM

Mine was off of a raptor too and it fit. My dim. are: 2 1/8" wide by 8 1/2 long at the longest points front of can to filler cap. I can post a pic if you need one but it looks identical to a wr can.....I might of even looked up part numbers and found them to be the same from a wr to raptor?

Ya if you have the time, I would like to see a pic but it's no biggy...I just want to know what Im dealing with here...Thanks a lot!:ride: ;)

PS. Did you mount yours behinf the radiator too?

• swatdoc

Posted July 30, 2008 - 11:22 PM

Iused the one from APA. with the custom bracket i made it works real well

Posted Image

• Mike Martel

Posted July 31, 2008 - 07:33 AM

i added a 2006 wr 450 catch can to my 06 yz450. I bought some hose from home depot and mounted it behind the rear fender left side. I used a small metal bracket for the back mount and a tye wrap for the front. It looks factory and works great.

• tnl

Posted July 31, 2008 - 09:06 AM

Ya if you have the time, I would like to see a pic but it's no biggy...I just want to know what Im dealing with here...Thanks a lot!;) :p

PS. Did you mount yours behinf the radiator too?

No, mine is behind the left rear number plate/pannel. It looks like a factory job like Mike Martel said. I used an electrical conduit metal strap and bent the tab a little flat so it would fit over the frame mount hole. By far the easiest aftermarket way. Swatdoc doesn't mess around though :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.