Rejet with a yz exhaust?

4 replies to this topic
  • MicahRoss

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:40 PM

I bought the bike about 3 weeks ago and It came with a yz exhaust and what looks to be a yz header. My question is do I need to rejet the carb because of this? I live in Oklahoma and its hot a crap out here an the header although not red hot heats up really fast. If rejetting is needed can you suggest the ones I need. Thanks, Micah.

• CMaD

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:02 PM

did you look to see what main jet is in it now?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:03 PM

I bought the bike about 3 weeks ago and It came with a yz exhaust and what looks to be a yz header. My question is do I need to rejet the carb because of this? I live in Oklahoma and its hot a crap out here an the header although not red hot heats up really fast. If rejetting is needed can you suggest the ones I need. Thanks, Micah.

Jetting is just trail and error pick up a bunch of jets down at a shop then play with it till you get it right.

• MicahRoss

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:33 PM

Jetting is just trail and error pick up a bunch of jets down at a shop then play with it till you get it right.

This is my first offroad bike so I dont have any clue what is right.

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:34 PM

This is my first offroad bike so I dont have any clue what is right.

Try putting this in the jetting forum eddie may be able to give ya a hand if you give him your elevation.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.