08 front brake squeak?

2 replies to this topic
  • Jim813

Posted July 28, 2008 - 01:37 PM

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post in for this question but I dont know a better one.I have a 2008 yz450 with 20 hours. I wasnt happy with the stock front brake and decided to buy a EBC oversized rotor with fresh brake pads( EBC "R" series sintered brake pads). When I first put everything on it squeaked horribly. It got better but still squeaks pretty regularly? I forgot to mention that when I had the stock rotor and pads on it was squeaking a little. I dont ride that hard to get the brakes that hot, and have never expierienced this before. Any ideas or is this just normal? Also the front brake with the EBC setup seems to be like it grabs then sort of releases and then grabs, almost like you were braking hard over good sized braking bumbs... any ideas? Should I just buy a honda front master cylinder?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clutchless

Posted July 28, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post in for this question but I dont know a better one.I have a 2008 yz450 with 20 hours. I wasnt happy with the stock front brake and decided to buy a EBC oversized rotor with fresh brake pads( EBC "R" series sintered brake pads). When I first put everything on it squeaked horribly. It got better but still squeaks pretty regularly? I forgot to mention that when I had the stock rotor and pads on it was squeaking a little. I dont ride that hard to get the brakes that hot, and have never expierienced this before. Any ideas or is this just normal? Also the front brake with the EBC setup seems to be like it grabs then sort of releases and then grabs, almost like you were braking hard over good sized braking bumbs... any ideas? Should I just buy a honda front master cylinder?

ride the bike harder to get that front break hotter so it can do its job.

the stock breaks on the 06+ are pretty damn good and unless you are pounding out laps at Glen Helen's pro track in a 90+ degree day i doubt you will have many problems with them. or riding super moto.

you probably are just building up break dust from the pads and not getting the breaks hot enough to clean it off. maybe use break cleaner on the rotors to clean the build up off and then ride the piss out of your bike.

i really have no idea but that sounded good right?

• Mike Martel

Posted July 31, 2008 - 08:04 AM

almost sounds like you have a bent front brake router from your last statement. a honda master cyclinder will not stop squeaking. I have the same problem with my back brakes. I drag them thru turns so they get so hot the router will actually warp over time. Never had a problem with the fronts.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.