5 replies to this topic
  • skisnh

Posted July 27, 2008 - 03:44 PM

I recently purchased an 04 wr450f. I took it out yesterday and all I can say is wow....the best bike I have today I was washing it (gained 4 or 5 lbs of mud):ride: and when I looked at the coolant over flow bottle 1. it was over filled 2. the coolant looked like muddy water...the coolant in the radiator looks fresh and there a problem? should I just drain the system or is it normal once you boil it a little?

• kskyles

Posted July 28, 2008 - 11:23 AM

that doesn't sound right. Your coolant system should be sealed, and there shouldn't be any dirt in there. i'd check the overflow bottle and tubing for any breaks or cracks, then drain - flush - and replace the coolant. i'd hate to get a bunch of junk in the radiators like that.

• geoffro

Posted July 28, 2008 - 12:20 PM

Agree with KS, could be previous owner by accident road through few rivers/streams/mud and the overflow cap was open/off.At least radiator fluid clean, sure its something minor.Definately check it out anyway:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 97smoker4x4

Posted July 28, 2008 - 05:22 PM

What type of antifreeze do you guys use in yours? Do you use any "water wetter" or any other additives?

• skisnh

Posted July 28, 2008 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the response....I'm going to change the anti freeze and monitor the coolant overflow from there....I'll keep you posted...

• CMaD

Posted July 28, 2008 - 10:28 PM

What type of antifreeze do you guys use in yours? Do you use any "water wetter" or any other additives?

engine ice, what i use.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.