YZ cam or Hot cams?

24 replies to this topic
  • Fullbore4

Posted August 28, 2008 - 09:14 PM

I'm no expert but it is my belief that the blue/white wire is there to do as SJMC_Don says and furthermore prevents possible issues with the starter when starting a hot bike. Say the ignition is advanced 13 degrees and is sitting there when you go to E-start it. If the engine is hot, what happens if it fires before TDC and it has fuel in the bore? I don't know. I am not worried about it. Sorry if this thread is hi-jacked. You can read more on the subject in the following thread:

http://www.thumperta...Blue/white wire

• lixno

Posted August 29, 2008 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the valuable info guys:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Storbeck

Posted August 29, 2008 - 03:59 PM

I don't know about an 06 wr, but I know that on my 07 wr the stock wr cam compared to the 06yz cam there was deffinitely a difference in the cam lobe profile, you could actually see it and it was very noticeable, you didn't have to be looking very closely. That is for both the intake and exhaust cams. I didn't measure anything so I don't know if the lift is any different, but the duration definitely is. I wish I had taken pictures but I didn't.

• Fullbore4

Posted August 29, 2008 - 08:29 PM

07's are different cams than 06.......both intake and exhaust

• lixno

Posted September 28, 2008 - 04:33 PM

I installed the YZ exhaust cam at my '03 WR and the bike runs much better!
It revs faster and screams at the top.

Unfortunately though it won't e-start now...It only takes one try with the kickstart but it's impossible to start with the e-starter.
It's a little bit frustrating to have the battery, e-start etc and not being able to use it.
I think i will try the blue/white whire mod and see if the problem will be cured.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.