FRONT BRAKE PROBLEM part 2

6 replies to this topic
  • jdg211707

Posted July 26, 2008 - 05:08 PM

somehow got air in line, read all the brake threads in forums.I did get some air out but i cant get a good feel on lever, only tip i havnt tried is compressing the caliper piston. Also there is 2 small black rubber or plastic particles in the resivor ,got one out , cant get the other . it is bubbling in resivor but under a clear plastic thing at bottom of resivor.thanks 07 wr 450

• roushxteam199

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:27 PM

have some one pump on the brake and hold it. brake the bleeder. do that intil the brake feels good. dont run resovour dry or youll have another airr problem.

• new2blu

Posted July 26, 2008 - 06:53 PM

Try bleeding the brakes with the caliper higher than the master cylinder. It always helps me when doing a full brake fluid replacement ( I usually work too quickly with my mighty vac and let the fluid get too low and it sucks air).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Ignore the first sentence.

http://www.thumperta...701#post4680701

• jdg211707

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:10 PM

tried your guys tips, sill not good. noticed several more little rubber chunks under clear plastic cover on bottom of resivor . im pretty sure thats the problem, but how do i clean them out ? is some rubber seal bad inside the master cylinder? do i need a new one? any help or advise will b great, thanks [ps the guy at the bike shop sold me motul brake fluid ,it doesnt say dot 4 but maybe motul is eating the rubber.but the brake frailed with the stock fluid]

• CMaD

Posted July 28, 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'd get a master cylinder rebuild kit for your yama shop. with all that rubber in there someting aint right.

• wartsnuff

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:05 AM

keep the lid off the master cylinder...

open the bleed screw on the caliper... and let her run. gravity style.

keep the master cyl topped up and then close the bleeder screw and top up and put the master cyl lid back on.

hope this helps
cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.