Jetting for real(!) cold

2 replies to this topic
  • Ingvar

Posted December 17, 2002 - 04:35 AM

Hi, from frozen Moscow
What do you use for 5F(-15C), 14F(-10C)?

Pilot air jet
Pilot jet
Pilot screw
Main jet
Main air jet
Jet needle , groove position
Starter jet

PS: I know the carbs are different for different markets
(US, Europe, etc.), but i hope your information will help me
with my games with jets.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted December 17, 2002 - 10:51 PM

ingvar

if you have a euro wr400f? :) then i would suggest that you go with my jetting from below but that you keep the very rich choke jet in to get the bike started. so a #62 or a #65SJ is fine.

once the bike is up and running the jetting figures below will run the bike at a good 'normal' temperature.

if i were you i would cover at least 50% of the radiator as an experiment. this should give you a good operating temperature.

how to tell?

well generally i would tell when i've STOPPED the engine. the click-click and clack-clack of everything cooling down. if it's hotter than normal; expose more of the radiator than before etc etc

Taffy

• Ingvar

Posted December 17, 2002 - 11:03 PM

I forgot to say, i've got euro WR426'01,
but i see your main idea about very rich choke jet and
'normal' jetting for the rest. I'll try and post my results
Thank you, Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.