99 YZ400F suspension tuning help

2 replies to this topic
  • bubbaisthebest

Posted July 26, 2008 - 01:45 PM

i recently got a 400, and the front forks make a clank sound when they rebound. when i go over a root or bump, they clank when they rebound. im thinking they might need oil, but im not 100% sure. what kind of oil do they take. im about 175, and i go off some jumps, but mostly trail. thanks, bubbaisthebest

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2008 - 02:10 PM

Any good 5wt fork oil will work. Amsoil Shock Therapy is one of the best, Maxima is very good too.

You will need to remove the forks, the fork caps, and the springs to drain and refill them. See the manual.

• bubbaisthebest

Posted July 27, 2008 - 08:12 AM

thanks grayracer, im going to put in fresh oil soon, and new seals. bubbaisthebest

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.