Black side panels for WR/YZ 426

19 replies to this topic
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 04, 2002 - 04:53 AM

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows who makes black aftermarket side panels to fit a WR 426 '02 model and also whether YZ side panels are a bolt on fit? I've tried the Acerbis and UFO websites and they don't list black. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris.

• felix4_2_6

Posted June 04, 2002 - 05:21 PM

Like these

Posted Image

• Jon_SWE

Posted June 04, 2002 - 09:14 PM

Hi! no one makes them anymore. maier used to have
them but when i orderd black sidepanels, they sent me an e-mail about not making them anymore.
My girlfriend just had to have black sidepanels on her WR426 so i got "bumper spray paint" for plastc car bumpers, and it has been on for 6 months
now and no flakes yet!! good luck/Jon

• JT1

Posted June 05, 2002 - 04:38 AM

Felix,

I'm impressed......How the hell are you allowed to keep your bike inside the house and on the carpet?

• Mark_UK

Posted June 05, 2002 - 09:15 PM

jon
wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

i have black side panels and rad scoops

try polisport quality is pretty good and they are about half the price of acerbis or UFO

• felix4_2_6

Posted June 05, 2002 - 11:05 AM

Testers model paint. Clean serface really good. 8 months no flakes!!
Yeah i love keeping the girl in the apt. Im single so i can do whatever the hell i want!!! :)

• TeamScream

Posted June 05, 2002 - 04:29 PM

Hey Mark_UK
where can I look at Polisport plastics? the webiste is under construction or something?
Let me know where to get them.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 05, 2002 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for your help everyone, i'll see if I can order Polisport at work, all the best, Chris.

• Mark_UK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 04:42 AM

teamscream

i orders some of mine from a local bike shop and some from Racespec here in the uk

• lewichris

Posted June 06, 2002 - 05:18 AM

how much were they. If i send you money can you buy them and ship them to me?

Alot to ask but worth a try?

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_UK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 06:26 AM

lewischris

they cost me hmmmmm [thinking] about half what acerbis would cost.
ill look up the price for you.

yeah if your send me the money im happy to buy em and ship them to you.
i should imagine shipping is gonna be pretty pricey though

• lewichris

Posted June 06, 2002 - 06:34 AM

just let me know please. thanks alot.

Chris l.

• Mark_UK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 06:45 AM

chris give these guys a try first,, they may ship orders abroad

http://www.racespec.co.uk

• lewichris

Posted June 06, 2002 - 08:36 AM

but not for the wr 400. they only have blue and white.

I think i got mine and everyone else's hopes up for nothing

• Mark_UK

Posted June 06, 2002 - 11:45 PM

trust me chris they do.
i ride a yz400
and they supply wr sidepanels as standard

my yz is sporting black wr sidepanels

email them see if they can help

• freestyle111

Posted June 11, 2002 - 12:51 AM

ok heres my link to my secret moto part accessory store.he can get poli sport.i dont know about bulk buy they sell full pLASTIC KIT SO CHEAP I WOULD ALMOST BE EMBARRASSED TO ASK FOR DISCOUNT.but if you really want o do black side panel bulk buy.let me know and ill call owner and see what he can do.how many sets do you want so far?whoever is in charge of bulk buy i suggest you let me call they owe me a favor. [URL=http://www.tucmoto.com/]you wont get better price on plastic kit anywhere [front fender,rear fender,sidepanels,radiator shrouds and numberplate $89]

[ June 11, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• freestyle111

Posted June 11, 2002 - 01:25 AM

ok i just emailed letter to tony tucker [owner tucmoto.com]i will let you know what he says as soon as i here from him.for other parts and accessories you can check out the online store http://www.tucmoto.com/

• lewichris

Posted June 11, 2002 - 04:09 AM

again on his website all i see is reflex blue and white.

• freestyle111

Posted June 11, 2002 - 12:21 PM

i just talked to tony tucker and he said he cant get polisport anymore.he is going to do his best try and locate black sidepanels for you guys.if he does find them he will let me know.the manufactures make black and purple as special edition promotions he is going to check old stock to see what he has laying around

• Jekel

Posted June 11, 2002 - 03:24 PM

Jus tgot the new Chapparral catalog and they are advertising plastics in different colors, including black. Acerbis. So will be available from others I'm hoping :) I'm looking at the orange myself

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.