Wanted: XR650R Service Manual

6 replies to this topic
  • Keo

Posted December 16, 2002 - 07:19 PM

If anyone has a service manual for XR650R and is willing to part with it, please let me know. I don't mind buying it, if it is less than the ~$50 that Helm, Inc. wants. With all the other money I have been spending on the BRP lately, my wife won't be pleased if I drop another $50+ on a manual.

Thanks,

Keo

• redrider650r

Posted December 19, 2002 - 12:20 PM

You might be able to get one through Chaparral Motorsports. They wanted about 30-40 bucks for one. I went to get one a couple weeks ago and I think that is the price they told me. Give them a call or contact them through their website: chaparralmotorsports.com

• Keo

Posted December 19, 2002 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the tip. I checked, and it looks like they just have the Clymer manual.

Thanks,
Keo

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted December 19, 2002 - 05:04 PM

Keo - I got the Helm manual a month ago and it is worth the money if you are going to do anything in depth on the bike. It is very thorough with good pictures.

• Keo

Posted December 19, 2002 - 05:29 PM

Ok, I guess I will bite the bullet after the new year. I still have to buy a speedo, mirror, and a torque wrench this week....lol.

• FooBarr

Posted December 19, 2002 - 06:36 PM

I bought the Honda 650R manual for around $65. They're pretty much a necessity and will pay for themselves in the long run versus hauling the bike to the shop. I didn't know much about wrenching on bikes and bought one for my 600 many years ago. Followed the step-by-step pictures and now I can pretty much work comfortably on most things except splitting the cases.
A few hints for wrenching on your bike: Grab the digital camera and take pictures as you disassemble it the first time. And after you remove a part, cover, etc, put the bolt/nut back on with a few turns so it doesn't get mixed up in the pile. That way you won't end up with all those left over part after re-assembly. :)

• Rokatt88

Posted December 20, 2002 - 07:15 AM

Digital Camera...awsome idea! Great for us guys with short term memory loss! Hee Hee! : :) Now, where did I put that gas tank?!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.