Servicing/Maintenance Between Rides

3 replies to this topic
  • 4xsama

Posted July 24, 2008 - 08:33 PM

Howdy,

What do you guys do to your bikes between rides before you put da ride away?

Except the obvious like clean off the dirt and oil the chain, maybe WD40 the motor when do you;

Change Oil?
Clean Air Filter?
etc........

Cheers

• shonc182

Posted July 25, 2008 - 06:20 AM

...even when I'm being lazy -- the minimum I do is hose off the bike, clean the air filter, change the oil and filter at least every other ride, and oil the chain. There is always more that could or should be done. Best bet is to check your owners manual and follow the guidelines for maintenance. I have always felt it was important to do valve adjustments as scheduled.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz-dwg

Posted July 25, 2008 - 01:32 PM

I must admit I do very little, I ride a least once a week in mostly dry desert conditions, I wash it only if it gets muddy, change my air filter once a month, oil every couple months, chain once a month or so, I am neglectful but have checked my valves and greased the bearings, one of the reasons I bought a WR is that I know I am a lazy SOB and I heard they can take neglect better than some other bikes.........:ride:

• brad the best

Posted July 25, 2008 - 08:21 PM

I must admit I do very little, I ride a least once a week in mostly dry desert conditions, I wash it only if it gets muddy, change my air filter once a month, oil every couple months, chain once a month or so, I am neglectful but have checked my valves and greased the bearings, one of the reasons I bought a WR is that I know I am a lazy SOB and I heard they can take neglect better than some other bikes.........:ride:

sounds like my schedule , grease everything once a year . change oil couple times a year , when it isn't so golden . check valves once a year . still haven't had to adjust .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.