stripped out

4 replies to this topic
  • keith_king

Posted June 04, 2002 - 01:01 AM

went to add 2 disks to my white brothers e series, the first screw i took off stripped out. should i just go for it and hope the others dont? or just stick to the amount of disks i have? maybe willing to trade (stock yz?) to someone that is willing to try to re-tap if there is more than one stripped thanks guys keith

• Glen_T

Posted June 04, 2002 - 09:49 PM

Keith, I'll sell you my WB e-series if you like what you have, or If I were you, I'd contact WB and see about getting a new insert at the back of the pipe. I'm sure it can be replaced.

GLEN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaMoto

Posted June 04, 2002 - 11:10 AM

I had a similar problem with mine only I caught it before it got stripped. It appears on mine that if you install more than a few discs the screws have a tough time getting through all the holes and it had flattened the threads on the screws. I damaged 2 sets of screws and had a difficult time removing them. The fix was to get new screws and I drilled out the holes in the discs by a few thousands to give some extra clearance. This may save your other threads and if you can get the insert out maybe have a nut welded to the backside.
Matt

• freestyle111

Posted June 05, 2002 - 05:06 AM

i had same problem,also.i bought hardeded bolt and havent stripped any since.the one problem with drilling out bolt holes in discs is you can screw up spacing.the metal that sticks out on back of each hole is what spaces discs apart.

• freestyle111

Posted June 05, 2002 - 05:13 AM

i almost forgot you can get stripped bolt out by using torx bit slightly larger than allen head.just hammer it into allen bolt head

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.