03 WR450 raditor over flow bottle?

26 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted July 28, 2008 - 06:04 AM

My apologies guys. My son has been hanging out with a buddy while he’s rebuilding the engine for his Camaro and decided to post what he “learned” about a cars cooling system. While the guy can build a mean 350 his knowledge in this area is obviously limited. Again, sorry for any ruffled feathers. (note to self, don’t check box for auto log in)

• WR_Dave

Posted July 28, 2008 - 06:56 AM

No problem Byggd, we just figured you must have been riding really fast and hit your head. Not the usual quality of your posts. Good to know your OK :ride: As a mechanics instructor ( specializing in engines and fuel systems) it is in my nature try to correct obvious misconceptions about the subject. WR Dave.

• byggd

Posted July 28, 2008 - 07:58 AM

I know what you mean Dave. Back when I was turning wrenches I was ASE certified in everything except automatic transmissions and I still don’t understand exactly how those things work. ;) And while I am getting older and my certifications have expired I haven’t forgotten everything! :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted July 28, 2008 - 09:01 AM

I know what you mean Dave. Back when I was turning wrenches I was ASE certified in everything except automatic transmissions and I still don’t understand exactly how those things work. ;) And while I am getting older and my certifications have expired I haven’t forgotten everything! :ride:

I agree with Dave - those posts just didn't sound like something originating from you.

• geoffro

Posted July 28, 2008 - 12:41 PM

I love listening to mechanics argue and then make up! Its all in good faith,just communication break down sometimes.I also used to be an auto technician and oftenlearn from you boffins! Glad you guys are on this forum!!!:ride:

• byggd

Posted July 28, 2008 - 01:48 PM

No problem Byggd, we just figured you must have been riding really fast and hit your head. Not the usual quality of your posts. Good to know your OK :p As a mechanics instructor ( specializing in engines and fuel systems) it is in my nature try to correct obvious misconceptions about the subject. WR Dave.

I agree with Dave - those posts just didn't sound like something originating from you.

Thanks guys! I know some of my posts sound wacky but not THAT wacky :ride: Cheers! ;)

• roushxteam199

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:25 PM

im a technician also. haha i just shrugged my shoulders. I knew some one would say something. Well just ordered my supermoto rims today and ill get them by the end of this week. ill tell you how the fan works at lights when i give the bike the first ride report

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.