my 99 yz400f is getting no spark

2 replies to this topic
  • bubbaisthebest

Posted July 24, 2008 - 09:26 AM

i washed my bike today, and i started it right after i washed it, it ran for about 10 seconds, and then it quit. i checked to see if its getting spark, and no spark. we put a fresh plug in 5 days ago. im thinking that something got wet and shorted out when i started it. please help. thanks bubbaisthebest.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 24, 2008 - 10:00 AM

Dry the coil wire and plug boot off with a carb cleaner that contains alcohol, such as Berryman's B12, or with rubbing alcohol. See if that takes care of it

• bubbaisthebest

Posted July 24, 2008 - 02:47 PM

the spark plug was getting spark, i found out the hard way, by holding the base of the plug and kicking it over, but the end of the plug must have got messed up. i just put in a new plug, and she fired right up on the first kick. thanksd for replies, bubbaisthebest

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.