07 WR450 Flywheel Weight

4 replies to this topic
  • kodiak7

Posted July 23, 2008 - 01:30 PM

I hear having a flywheel weight helps traction, and i think i would like it to help me control the back tire a little better, i dont want to get too heavy of one though for fear of it really carying me off into corners instead of being able to slow down simply by not being into the throttle... does that make sense? anyway, just looking for a suggestion........... sorry in a hurry!!!!!!

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 23, 2008 - 04:56 PM

Stealthy should have an FFW thats heavier than stock. I know GTYR has FFWs for the YZ, but I think the heaviest one is still lighter than the stock WR one.

scratch that the YZ FFW won't work for the WR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mrmonk7663

Posted July 23, 2008 - 06:20 PM

Trail Tech has what you need.

Posted July 23, 2008 - 08:44 PM

Trail Tech has what you need.

Yes, Trailtech has it, but it's only about 2 oz heavier than stock. It may be all you're looking for though. I thought I would be looking for a flywheel as well after coming off a 650R, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the degree that the WR can chug down to while riding various terrain.

• Rick1141

Posted July 24, 2008 - 05:15 AM

Heavy fly wheel bring heavy weight feeling.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.