How Many Phases ?

4 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted December 16, 2002 - 04:13 AM

I need to know how many 'phases' the electrical system runs with. 1-2-3 ? I'm guessing 2. I dont have my book with me and can't find info on this site. I need to know so I can get the right kind of rectifier for my lighting circuit.

cheers

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted December 16, 2002 - 08:03 AM

The stock WR lighting coil is single phase. If the system was multiple phase there would be more than 2 wires because of multiple coils.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamafreek_hawaii

Posted December 16, 2002 - 12:12 PM

I know that the 01 wr 250f was a 12 volt "A/C" system. The new wr should be a "DC" type. The ac type will not charge batteries or operate all dc parts.

• jwriott

Posted December 16, 2002 - 01:23 PM

Aren't all these bikes running a rectified DC system? AC coming off the generator rectified to DC?

• yamafreek_hawaii

Posted December 17, 2002 - 12:04 PM

Not the WR250f. Its a 120 watt, 12 volt ac system

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.