Wheels 450 WRF 2003 supermotard

6 replies to this topic
  • Max4969

Posted July 23, 2008 - 04:44 AM

Hi everyone,
I have a 450 WRF and I'd like to change the wheel in supermotard, however the wheels are quite pricy, even used wheels. I have heard that it is possible to put wheels of road bikes. Can somebody confirm this, and so which one can I put?
Thanks

• MaxPower

Posted July 24, 2008 - 02:51 PM

[COLOR="Green"]why not road tires on the stock rims?
[/COLOR]

• jmkybf

Posted July 24, 2008 - 04:04 PM

People have been putting street bike wheels on for a supermoto conversion, but they all require custom spacers and sometimes machine work on the wheels. I'm currently in the process of fitting Katana wheels on my WR 400 for a supermoto set up. So if you don't have access to a machine shop, then it probably won't be worth it unless you buy a set up someone has already machined.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jj546

Posted July 24, 2008 - 04:15 PM

I can't help you with new wheels, but I might be interested in your stockers if you decide to sell them.

John

• roushxteam199

Posted July 24, 2008 - 04:22 PM

im buying sume wheels this weekend. yes you can fit street tires to your stock rims size.

• bg10459

Posted July 27, 2008 - 07:27 AM

People have been putting street bike wheels on for a supermoto conversion, but they all require custom spacers and sometimes machine work on the wheels.

I'd like to do a sumo conversion on my WR450, but the cost of wheels is a limiting factor. Do you know which 17" wheels will work without machine work and only custom spacers? Spacers would be easy to make.

• roushxteam199

Posted July 27, 2008 - 08:53 AM

i have of people useing honda f2 wheels. I am curently making my bike into a road fighter. The last part for me is the wheels. i bought a 4 pistion motomaster front caliper. installed a sumo front fender, frame sliders. a fan also.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.