lower seat 450 r

9 replies to this topic
  • fxrs

Posted July 23, 2008 - 02:53 AM

does anyone make a lower seat 4 a 07 crf 450 r i wear 34-30 jeans the seat is 37.5 do the math i rid tight trails sometimes i'm tired of reachin for the ground and just getting air

• Blade Man

Posted July 23, 2008 - 04:15 PM

I can sympathise with you. I have a 32" inseam. I will be following this post.

• Hondaman24

Posted July 23, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Does someone know the link to lowering the rear subframe? I would like to go that route instead of removing padding for my posterior. :thumbsup:

• john01

Posted July 23, 2008 - 08:05 PM

Hey guys I don't know about a lower seat but mountainmotorsports makes lower links that lower our bike 1.5". I ordered and installed a set on my 04 450R they are great. Oh and I have a 31" inseam. So Hondaman24, Yes someone does make lowering links. Check out their web site they are top quality pieces.

• xiondavis

Posted July 23, 2008 - 08:38 PM

Does someone know the link to lowering the rear subframe? I would like to go that route instead of removing padding for my posterior. :ride:

http://www.speedmetaldesigns.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted July 23, 2008 - 09:25 PM

Kouba Link: http://koubalink.com/crf.html (the link John01 mentioned is actually a Kouba Link that lowers the 07 .85 or 1.35 depending on which model you go with)

Pro Circuit: http://procircuit.co...?idCategory=239

Devol: http://www.devolraci...kages_c_72.html

Some lower more than others. Some have grease zerks. Etc.

Good luck in your search!

does anyone make a lower seat 4 a 07 crf 450 r i wear 34-30 jeans the seat is 37.5 do the math i rid tight trails sometimes i'm tired of reachin for the ground and just getting air

• supervokes

Posted July 23, 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hey guy

I'll share my experience on this topic. Like you I have a 32" inseam.

I took an extra seat I had and decided to shave off one inch (1") of padding.

What I can tell you is that after my first ride with this seat, I knew it was COMING OFF.

Here is what I would suggest you consider before going with any lower seat.

On your bike right now, would you install a set a handlebar risers that bring your bars up one inch (1")??? If the answer is NO, the DO NOT lower your seat because that is exactly what will happen when your riding in the seated position.

My suggestion is to go the lowering link route and have the front springs cut down to match the back (a suspension guy would probably need to do this). You can slide your fork stanchions up in the triple clamps a bit, but not a whole lot before you front tire will start hitting your fender.

It will probably cost you a few $$$$ to do all this, but if thats what you want, then it might be worth paying for.

Personally, I have just adapted to the seat height :ride:

• thumpin2

Posted July 23, 2008 - 10:37 PM

I just shaved 1.5" off my seat and after a 6 hour ride in the woods my buns did not feel any different that it normally does. My calves did...form not having been worked to death. would you rather have sore calves from pointing your toes all day or a sore arse? I had neither! I will be getting a yamalink, also.

• fxrs

Posted July 24, 2008 - 02:08 AM

Thanks For The Info.

• YamaLink

Posted July 24, 2008 - 08:40 AM

Hopefully I'm not stepping out of bounds with this added info, but there does not need to be a 1:1 ratio of front lowering vs rear lowering because changes to rake/trail affect geometry at a different rate than changes to the rear.

Example: you can put on a 1" lowering link and drop the front 6mm (about 1/4 inch) and it'll be balanced. Or you can put on a 1.75 inch link and raise the forks 1/3 inch (give or take based on personal preference and riding style, terrain, etc.), reset sag/dial in high speed compression/rebound...and it'll be balanced and feel planted in turns.

Resetting sag is very crucial after installing a lowering link with its increased leverage.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Please help , this is my first post. Carb issues? by cjr19543

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

First Ride 2015 CRF450 by Hillguitar

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Who put a pond there? by ZDeWitt

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  31 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 ECU in 2012? by dayusmc

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • 12 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF450R 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF450R 2015
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Hillguitar
  • On October 09, 2014

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.