DXL needle results on aussie WR4!!

No replies to this topic
  • XR6's_rule

Posted June 03, 2002 - 01:50 AM

After riding the '99 WR with the lid on for a while and stock jetting (168 main, DXM needle 4th clip, 45 pilot-2 turns out) I got curious and whipped the seat and you guessed it! The airbox lid. I rejettted with a 170 main/DXM 6th clip/45 pilot-4 turns out. It was quicker but ran a little funny in the midrange and popped when backed off from 3/4 to full throttle. Then I ordered the DXL (richer) needle and finally 3 weeks later I recieved it!

THE RESULTS
I installed it (5th clip) and MAN does this thing have some midrange snap now! It runs silky smooth in the midrange and even has a little more top end- but still dies a little on approx 1/8 throttle. I guess I'll have to try the 48 pilot and settle for more low-end grunt as well!

In short, ripping off the airbox lid, then rejeting a WR makes a very worthwhile power difference! I say more than any aftermarket pipe. It also runs a cleaner pipe and uses no more fuel than stock. :) :D :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.