2006 wr450f hard to start

4 replies to this topic

Posted July 22, 2008 - 06:50 PM

I am having problems with starting my wr450. It has always been really quick to start, I mean 2 seconds on the E-button and it is running. I just checked the valves last week and they were within tollerance. I had not been riding in the last 9 weeks, however I did start it a couple of times. I started great saturday AM , however in the afternoon it was becoming diffilcult.. The air cleaner is clean. Sunday and today it is more difficult to start. I am not sure what it is,, Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 22, 2008 - 08:28 PM

Clean your carb.

check your pilot jet. turn up your idle just a little to see if it makes a difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 22, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Thanks I will try it in the AM. Will let you know how it turns out.

• SID013

Posted July 24, 2008 - 05:11 PM

2nd on cleaning the carb. The fuel will go off & laquers come out & couldblock yr jets.

• Mrmonk7663

Posted July 24, 2008 - 06:27 PM

My bike did the same exact thing. Started up great then within 1 day became more difficult, around 5 or 6 kicks to start. Once it starts I can shut it off and start it back up fast, but i'm wondering if the damn Walmart Gas might have something to do with it. I just put a new plug in it so I know its not that. The starting is the same as before even with the iridium plug. Maybe the weather has something to do with it too. I'm in Houston,TX and it is really hot and EXTREMELY humid.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.