!!!A 2 WHEEL DRIVE YAMAHA wr450!!!

2 replies to this topic
  • jewels Gomez

Posted July 22, 2008 - 05:31 PM

does anybody know anything bout this bike, a 2 wheel drive yamaha :thumbsup:

has anybody rode on one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...p3286.m14.l1318

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zz3gmc

Posted July 22, 2008 - 05:34 PM

Theyve been out for a while now. They were only sold overseas and in very limited numbers. One was raced in the Paris to Dakar rally a few years ago and did pretty good. Very expensive too!

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 22, 2008 - 08:25 PM

You could buy them new from a canadian outfit, International M/C brokers I think. Anyway, they were $12,000 new about 2 years ago I think.

Yes, I believe it won the Paris Dakar in the small bore class and I've seen videos of European hare scrambles where they had to run up this stream with lots of rocks, moss, slime and the thing did noticeably well or better compared to the other bikes.

It's a hydraulic drive and if I understand correctly the pump is driven off of the counter shaft so the faster the motor spins the more power is delivered to the front wheel.

I think the Christini systems are superior in design and function.. I don't know if they have one a Yamaha yet:confused:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.