JD needles vs yz450 needle

30 replies to this topic
  • Desracer

Posted July 23, 2008 - 02:30 PM

All right! PM me on how it runs when you get it fixed! It aint no stinking mini bike!

• Charles De Mar

Posted August 10, 2008 - 07:02 AM

Ok I convinced, After messing with the JD needles over a couple years they are gone from my wr and I'm now running a YZ needle. I have tried many combinations with the JD needles.It's my opinion and experience that the YZ needle is a much better option than the JD needles here in Montana at the this altitude. The blue needle has only been in my bike once. It never ran well at all. so having to buy two needles is a waste. JD should sell them separately. In my opinion where I live the JD kit is a waste of money. :) This is just my opinion and my experience. I have had lengthy discussions with a local mechanic friend of mine and he will no longer put the JD jet kits in bikes. They just don't perform well here. I'm sure there are people that have had success and satisfaction with that mod. I have not and I'm very very happy with the $14.00 YZ needle. I wish I could get the money back I spent on those things and put it in my tank for more riding. Sorry JD but, I have to give them a :D and a total waste for montana riders:excuseme:

• beezer

Posted August 10, 2008 - 09:17 AM

I'm at sea level her in NJ and I like the YZ needles better than the JD.

And the 55 bucks I saved buys alot of PBRs.

• Charles De Mar

Posted August 10, 2008 - 09:43 AM

I'm at sea level her in NJ and I like the YZ needles better than the JD.

And the 55 bucks I saved buys alot of PBRs.

I sell sell you some JD's foe less than that! :) $45 How well do the PBR cans fly from the quad? better than Budweiser?

• beezer

Posted August 10, 2008 - 10:47 AM

The best flying beer is Red White & Blue.

It tastes so bad you throw the beer can before it's empty.

http://www.beerpal.c...Blue-Beer/9390/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charles De Mar

Posted August 11, 2008 - 06:03 AM

Oh yeah, when I was running the JD needles, I had a surge out the wazoo. YZ needle= zero surge:applause: :)

• WR_Dave

Posted August 11, 2008 - 06:33 AM

Just my 2 cents here, but I agree with desracer on the main being a 165, but the pilot should be a 40 or 42. I ride the same elevations as you in the Rockies as well and I have the YZ needle for the year earlier YZ than my WR. I found that running the stock '06 YZ needle on the 3rd clip from the top with 165 MJ and the 42 pilot all I have to do is 1/8 turn adjustments on the fuel screw when I get up above 6500 feet from the 4500 foot elevation we start at. I also have the power nows on both sides, but don't think the after carb one is doing as much as the pre carb one. WR Dave.

• Charles De Mar

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:43 AM

Just my 2 cents here, but I agree with desracer on the main being a 165, but the pilot should be a 40 or 42. I ride the same elevations as you in the Rockies as well and I have the YZ needle for the year earlier YZ than my WR. I found that running the stock '06 YZ needle on the 3rd clip from the top with 165 MJ and the 42 pilot all I have to do is 1/8 turn adjustments on the fuel screw when I get up above 6500 feet from the 4500 foot elevation we start at. I also have the power nows on both sides, but don't think the after carb one is doing as much as the pre carb one. WR Dave.

The bike ran stellar this weekend. Even after the mid trail air exchange in the front tire:rant: Well I may mess with it later but the next couple weeks will be ride free because of other plans:cry: :)

• drtbk4ever

Posted August 11, 2008 - 07:56 AM

The bike ran stellar this weekend. Even after the mid trail air exchange in the front tire:rant: Well I may mess with it later but the next couple weeks will be ride free because of other plans:cry: :)

Were you running the 165 main this weekend too?

• Charles De Mar

Posted August 11, 2008 - 08:38 AM

Were you running the 165 main this weekend too?

Nope, it was a 158. It ran much better than when the 160 was in it:excuseme:

• suzukipoo

Posted August 12, 2008 - 06:24 AM

I am using tha AIS needle clip #3 with a 170 main, 1.5 turns out on fuel screw, FMF Factory 4.1, twin air filter at 4000-6000 feet and my bike can`t get any better!! O and remember 2 use a CR8EIX spark plug! Your bike will start like a dream!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.