Please don't waste your money (E-series users)

6 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted December 15, 2002 - 12:15 PM

Just for the heck of it, I decided to spend the money and get the new (Quiet Core II) insert from White Bros....

I have my own Radio Shack Noise meter....

To make a long story short.....It's a Joke.

Tested with 12 disks..... 102

Tested With 12 disks and a Turn down (No Blocking Plate)...103

Tested with 12 Disks/Turn Down/and Quiet Core II ...100

So, for about $38.00 WB can reduce the volume from wide open down 3db, and it still wouldn't pass a California sound check.

By the way tested with 5 disks and the blocking plate was 92db....But at a price of a little loss of power.

Bonzai :)

• jmiakaike

Posted December 15, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Yamakaze....
i have an e series for my yz (if my motor isn't fragged), was it a loss of power you could live with?
thanks!

• armourbl

Posted December 16, 2002 - 12:02 PM

Bill,

Have you tried repacking your silencer. Just curious. I think mine is long over due...

ben

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted December 16, 2002 - 04:34 PM

The power loss was noticable...It tamed the low end hit, but the mid and top was not that bad. I had to play with the FS a bit because of the exhaust restriction. I would say it would be ok to play ride with but I don't think I would ever consider racing with that setup.

Ben....

I would probably do better if I repacked the can....Mine has not been packed since last spring. I have been having problems getting replacement rivets from WB....That's the only thing holding that up.....

How's the new house thing going?

Bill...

Bonzai :)

• jmiakaike

Posted December 16, 2002 - 04:38 PM

Yamakaze..
thanks! useful tip.. i don't race.. only race those little kids on the 50s.. they are more my speed... :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 16, 2002 - 06:27 PM

Kaze, I have the Pro-Curcuit T-4 "Quiet Core". That little insert is the biggest piece o crap that has ever been invented.. A total after thought. My bike barely runs with it in. I wish I could just bolt a KTM pipe on my bike cuz those inserts are a total joke....

• armourbl

Posted December 18, 2002 - 11:14 AM

Bill,

Why do you need the White Bros rivets? I don't see why some standard rivets of the correct size wouldn't work just as good. I once took apart a Yosh can for a superbike and had no problems with ordinary rivets..

House...House is great. Not sure if I told you, but we ended up finding a much nicer house with a similar floor plan. It was a spec home and ready to move in, which was a huge bonus. It cost about $20,000 more, but we ended up getting a better interest rate and kept our mortgage payment right where we needed it to be. House is great, best part is having a garage to work in for a change. Now I just need to out fit it properly with tools and the usual stuff.

ben

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.