Fouled Plug

1 reply to this topic
  • jmkybf

Posted July 21, 2008 - 12:29 PM

My WR 400 wouldn't start a day after riding. The first thing I did was that I pulled the spark plug to look at it. It looked fine. I put it back in and it still wouldn't start. I pulled the hot start, and it started up first kick. I pushed in the hot start and it died. I pulled it again and it started first kick. I let it run for a while, pushed it in and now everything is fine. Was this because of a fouled plug? Was my initial impression wrong or is there some underlying problem? I've only ridden this bike about 120 miles, so I haven't had it very long.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted July 21, 2008 - 02:46 PM

I've only fouled a few plugs, and when they get fouled, usually the bike will never run until you clean them. Sounds like something is sticking in your carb or hot start.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.