Is it worth is YZ450F $800

I rrecenlty found an 03 YZ450F for $800, the reason its so cheap is the guy said it has a blown head gasket. He said when he took his blug out there was coolent all over it and just does not want to hassle with it. Does the coolent issue sound like a head gasket, and if so what other things should i look for if i go and look at the bike? Thanks

-head gasket

-cracked/broken water jacket

those come to mind first....

Deals like that are pretty cool but you have to be careful

A-the bikes not hot

B-this last problem isnt just the tip of the ice berg (or the most recent problem if the bikes been neglected)

If you make him an offer, assume worst case ($$) for you in regards to putting the motor back together...and low ball like crazy....

good luck

This is cool. I just bought that bike. He sounded like he put a lot of money into it when it was newer. I don't have any money to put into fixing it just now. But when I figure out what the problem is I'll let you know.

So was the body in half way descent shape, he said it was a little ruff?

For 800.00 I would of bought it. For around 1000.00 you can rebuild it if need be. So you have 1800.00 all together. Still not bad and you did it yourself. I just bought a 03 yz450f 5 months ago for 1300.00. And Ill probably put another grand into it. I know it sounds dumb but aleast its payed for. And the way things are going its going to be real hard to save for a new bike. And I wouldn't dream of taking out a loan. Lets see some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

The outside is all right but he chopped the fenders. He also chopped the airbox he said he was into freestyle. That's ok but where I ride it's extremely dusty. I don't need dust scoops leading to the air filter. It fired up without much doing but it has some black in the antifreeze and was smoking a really wet smoke out the exhaust. I ended up buying it for $500 and a gun. I'm very pleased :ride: I still have no money I want to sell my KX250 but I screwed up the clutch so I'll need to fix that first. http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-32/kx-250-clutch-basket-play-6545/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...