Another WR450 ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Imacowboy

Posted July 20, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hi guys, I got the chance to take my newtome 05 for a shakedown cruise yesterday. The guy who had the bike before me put on a new graphic pack,and he screwed it up on the right side number plate.There is a big wrinkle on there,any ideas on how to get it out? I was going to get new graphics in the near future anyway,but I want it to look good until I get some dough. I know she is clean in the pics after that ride,there aint no mud down here,drought dont ya know.:thumbsup: Damn I hate dust. She made a fair amount of top end noise,but having read the posts here I'm not that concerned. I rode some real tight woods trails and it turned like a champ. The tires are dry rotted a fair amount,and are cracking. Tire recommendations for SC hardpack,with occasional mud? Also I was riding slow a good amount to see if she would get hot,she didnt. Over all it was a good day until my drunk brother grabbed the exhaust to prove it wasnt hot.He wont be doing that again (I wouldnt let him ride it). Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 20, 2008 - 12:03 PM

Those graphics are nice. regarding the wrinkle. Get yourself a heat gun from the hardware store. Put it on the low setting and warm up the graphics. You can then peel them back and reapply them. Keep them slightly warm, but not hot when you do it. They will stretch if they get too hot.

Personally, I have never had much luck with the rear side graphics. That part of my bike takes the most abuse when I fall. If only I could stop falling...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Imacowboy

Posted July 20, 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thanks I will try that,I havent dumped it yet...yet! lol:rant:

• kevinwr450f

Posted July 21, 2008 - 07:47 AM

Pipes get hot?

• Imacowboy

Posted July 21, 2008 - 10:33 AM

Apparently Budweiser reduces the heat generated by a four stroke exhaust pipe by a factor of 5....who knew?:thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.