Dented YZ exhaust

5 replies to this topic
  • tk421

Posted June 01, 2002 - 08:17 AM

The bottom side of my ’99 YZ400 exhaust is getting some major dents. :)

Does anyone know of a source for the canister part of the stock YZ400 or 426 exhaust?

• wrsm

Posted June 01, 2002 - 08:28 AM

The oval cross section is exactly the same as a White bros E-series. Maybe you can buy one from them?

If you do find out someone who sells that cross section extrusion by the foot, please post a topic or send me a PM as I am looking for a 500mm length.

• tk421

Posted June 01, 2002 - 08:39 AM

wrsm:
Thanks for the info. I'll check with White Bros.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skthom2320

Posted June 01, 2002 - 06:10 PM

Just a question here, don't take it personally...

Your signature indicates a 2002 WR426. Do you have the exhaust from a 99 YZF on this bike?

The YZF canisters come stock with the custom "dent" to avoid hitting the brake caliper. Could you be talking about this?

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

• tk421

Posted June 01, 2002 - 06:41 PM

wrsm :

Yes, there is the custom dent on the YZ exhaust but I’ve added a few custom dents of my own.

The outer part seems like it would be easy to replace if the right size extrusion could be found.

http://www.thermopre..._extrusions.htm

• wrsm

Posted June 03, 2002 - 12:00 PM

Quote from thermoprene's website

"Thermoprene is a custom manufacturer.
We do not offer "stock" products.
Our minimum order is 2,000 linear feet of material"

So.....I need 2ft, TK421 needs 1ft 6inch

we need to do a survey to see if we can shift the remaining 1996ft 6inch. Possible TT bulk buy LOL

Seriously there has got to be someone who stocks this stuff, cos White Bros buy it from somewhere?

Kevin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.