2009 YZ450F has arrived

25 replies to this topic
  • YamaLink

Posted July 18, 2008 - 07:46 AM

(paraphrased cross post from the YZ250F forum)

Local dealer just called to say the 09 YZF's are on the floor...not the showroom floor, but the shop service floor. They'll have the YZ450F and 250F built in the upcoming week.

• adamdf

Posted July 18, 2008 - 09:08 AM

(paraphrased cross post from the YZ250F forum)

Local dealer just called to say the 09 YZF's are on the floor...not the showroom floor, but the shop service floor. They'll have the YZ450F and 250F built in the upcoming week.

What state are you in?

• Chris450

Posted July 18, 2008 - 10:42 AM

My white spec edition is on the way!!! I cant wait. About one more week for me :thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted July 18, 2008 - 10:59 AM

Man u guys are lucky!!:thumbsup: ! Those white ones come with black excels now...yum:ride:

• Chris450

Posted July 18, 2008 - 11:13 AM

Man u guys are lucky!!:thumbsup: ! Those white ones come with black excels now...yum:ride:

I know:thumbsup:

I had the dealer make sure he ordered the special edition, otherwise I said no dice!

Will be nice to get off my Ultra Stiff CRF450. Man the suspension is brutal on that thing.

• yz007f

Posted July 18, 2008 - 03:04 PM

I can't wait for my LE too!!! Should be soon I hope!

• ZMoney520

Posted August 01, 2008 - 07:17 PM

My dad owns a dealership in Georgia and they told me today that my SE should be in about mid-august. Can't wait.

• YZ450RDR

Posted August 02, 2008 - 06:38 AM

MY dealership has the special edition on the floor! Black rims are sick!! Should of waited 3 months just for those!

• yz007f

Posted August 04, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Up here in Canada I haven't heard anything yet on when I can get my hands on one. I'll phone my dealer tomorrow and see whats up.

• Windseeker

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:21 PM

SE real life photo??? on the dealership floor??? Anyone??? :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bosshogg

Posted August 04, 2008 - 10:31 PM

I know:thumbsup:

I had the dealer make sure he ordered the special edition, otherwise I said no dice!

Will be nice to get off my Ultra Stiff CRF450. Man the suspension is brutal on that thing.

Not to jack the thread, but that's the first time I've heard someone refer to CRF450 suspension as ultra-stiff. How much do you weight and what's your riding style?

• jonkers

Posted August 05, 2008 - 03:55 AM

mine is assembled and on the floor. should get a chance 2 get out this week hopefully.

• Icon

Posted August 05, 2008 - 12:43 PM

Just got back from my dealer in Southern Ontario.He has an SE as well as blue on the floor. i read somewhere someone questioning the quality of the black rims. Just to confirm, they are Excels.The excel emblem is in red. Looks like a good quality gold chain as well. I was taken back by how good the bikes looked. Same for blue, the new graphics and trim graphics are excellent!

• Chris450

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:04 AM

Not to jack the thread, but that's the first time I've heard someone refer to CRF450 suspension as ultra-stiff. How much do you weight and what's your riding style?

Thats wierd. I have heard a few people on here that have complained about the forks being stiff. I am sure once the springs were swapped it would be alright. I mean I like stiff bikes and I dont even like it.

My specs.
5'11
180-185 lbs
MX Intermediate.

• grayracer513

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:33 AM

The comment is made fairly often in reference to the later model CRF ('06 and up), but the fact is that it kind of depends on what you compare it to. They are a bit stiff compared to other MX thumpers in the same year range, and most ordinary riders would prefer something a little softer, but looking at, say, an '03 YZ450, you would call them plush.

• Justin89

Posted August 06, 2008 - 08:56 AM

I just went to NCY (North County Yamaha) in soCal and they had SE 250f and 450f along with the blue ones. Let me say that these bikes are absolutely beautiful! Amazing look and detail. I took some pics and I'll post em up later...:)

• TahitianRed

Posted August 06, 2008 - 03:26 PM

I went to my local dealer yesterday and the SE's look great! The rims are Excels.

Posted Image

• Family Man

Posted August 06, 2008 - 10:14 PM

The chain is the same model as used in the past model year, it just has gold colored plates, my thoughts would be to replace it with an oring chain, like a regina orn6. The 09 Se model bikes do look sweet. Most of the reviews Ive read havent been able to confirm a noticeable improvement over the 08 models. Differant swingarm same leverage ratios. Same motor as the 08s aswell.

• dirtbikekid1337

Posted August 06, 2008 - 10:22 PM

I really wish they would make bigger changes on the bike instead of just "refining" it every year

• yz007f

Posted August 07, 2008 - 04:48 AM

I talked to my dealer he said its in shipping lol. I just have to figure out how to not scratch the rims when changing my tires lol. I'm pretty good with that but still gonna be picky with new shiny black rims lol.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.