07 WR 450 dead battery-backfiring

1 reply to this topic
  • bradsind

Posted July 18, 2008 - 06:20 AM

I have a dead battery on my WR and have been kicking it to start it for a month or so. I think I killed the battery in the spring as the bike was hard to start in the cold. A battery tender wont keep it charged either. Yesterday I was riding, and it was a long slow descent (low revs, no charge to the battery?) and the bike started regularly backfiring, then it just died. Does anyone know if this can just be a result of a fubared battery, or is it something different. Bike would not start at the end of the ride.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • durzer

Posted July 18, 2008 - 03:07 PM

rode my 250 with a dead battery for a year.it's only there for starting her up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.